Help with curved hoses (14301)

Help with curved hoses (14301)
Hello all! Thank you in advance for any responses!

I've been building with real bricks for years but after repeated requests for instructions I've finally had a go at creating some. My first model is almost built digitally, but I am going insane in the last step of adding curved hoses. I'm aware that Studio struggles in this regard, so have downloaded LDCad, but try as I might to follow the online guides, it just isn't working for me! I've attached a couple of images: I create the part, make sure it's rubber type, make sure it's nested in the upper right corner (don't know what that means!). I can move the end, but can't seem use the insert key to add new nodes. When I do this it just goes see-through as in the photos (before I click it says "Invisible part selected, click anywhere to add it"). Any help? I'm guessing it's going to be tricky to export back into studio as well, but we will get there when we get there!

I do note that there are two types of hose 14301 - one seems infinitely extendable, and has a spanner (this is the one I'm using), the other is fixed length but refuses to flex.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Help with curved hoses (14301) - by Guido MB - 2021-02-17, 21:52