LDView Wrong color display in POV-Ray

RE: Wrong color display in POV-Ray
(2020-12-09, 22:59)Manfred Schäfer Wrote: Hello, I loaded Lego models into LDView 4.3 and exported them as POV-Ray files. I noticed that some colors are displayed incorrectly in POV-Ray. I haven't found a way to adjust the colors. In the following picture, the output of LDView can be seen in the upper part, saved as a PNG file, and in the lower part the representation in PovRay. There are particularly large deviations in the transparent colors. Am I doing something wrong or how can I adjust the colors?

Sorry it took so long, but I finally think I figured out what is wrong. I think that the problem is caused by a difference in the way that POVRay treats colors in POVRay 3.7 and later. So I came up with a fix that I only activate if you tell LDView that you are exporting for POVRay 3.7 or later. Let me know what platform to build for (Windows 32-bit, Windows 64-bit, macOS), and I'll PM you with a link to a test build with a fix that you can test. (Note: if you need a Qt version, it will have to wait for the next Beta release.)

I also discovered that colors that have some transparency, but aren't "transparent LEGO" (like glow-in-the-dark) weren't working right either. I also attempted to fix those.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wrong color display in POV-Ray - by Travis Cobbs - 2021-02-28, 0:33