What do I need to get started making parts for the LDraw library?

RE: What do I need to get started making parts for the LDraw library?
(2020-11-03, 21:13)Miller Wrote: Hello everyone,

I am super new to this community and have no idea what I need to get started. I have a list of parts I would like to create in LDraw and know that I should check the LDraw library to make sure they do not exist already before creating and submitting them. However, I have no idea what software I need to create the parts.

What do I need?

Thanks!

Honestly, you could create a simple part using your computer's basic text editor (and it would be instructive to do so). Definitely read Willy's tutorial—he uses MLCad for the examples, but that program is somewhat deprecated—as well as the documentation at ldraw.org itself.

The "gold standard" parts authoring program is LDPartEditor, but it doesn't play well with my Mac system somehow. So the first parts I authored from scratch were done in LDDesignPad (a text editor with some extra features specific to LDraw) and viewed in LDView, back and forth with manual reloading. :-)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: What do I need to get started making parts for the LDraw library? - by N. W. Perry - 2020-11-03, 21:34