MacOS Installation page incomplete

Installation page incomplete
Question 
Hi.

I am flummoxed. I am trying to get LDraw installed & running on a late-2013 Mac using HighSierra 10.13.6.

I have used MLCad on windows for years, but haven't bothered to do a manual LDraw update in a long time.

In reading the "Getting Started:Mac" page, I see that clicking either link in Step 1 takes me to the "Latest Parts" page, which tells me absolutely nothing about using or installing LDraw on a Mac. 

If I were a parent, or an AFOL new to this system, I would leave and never return. I would probably also tell others in my community not to bother with LDraw as it doesn't work.

Even if I could figure out that I needed to download & expand the complete.zip file, doing so leaves me with a bunch of files that I have no idea what to do with. So I am again at a point where I give up and leave.

Can someone expand Step 1 so that there are complete & USEABLE instructions for a Mac installation post-download? Perhaps Allen Smith & Willy Tschager could work on a MacOS AIOI? I would be happy to beta test the instructions or the installer.

I am a longtime member of BayLUG and the Bricks by the Bay convention staff. Most of my MOCs are dioramas (circus, farm/ranch) though I do have some larger buildings.

Thank you in advance for any and all advice. 
Stay home and stay safe. Play Well.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Installation page incomplete - by Paul Sinasohn - 2020-05-30, 22:19