submodels not appearing in used models partbin

RE: submodels not appearing in used models partbin
Brick 
(2020-05-15, 18:55)Roland Melkert Wrote: If you are using the "Used models" group it will only show submodels which are actually used in the current model.

So a new model which isn't added yet won't show up.

I'm thinking you really want to use the "File content" group, which shows everything in the current container file used of not.

It's the one with the "'document and orange MPD label" icon.
Then something must have changed sometime between 1.6c and 1.6d. because i don't remember it being a feature that it hides new submodels that by definition are still part of the overall model even if not yet used in the partspace. i like to use the little house buttons when creating new submodels and returning to the main model. i've never before used the "file content" partbin for submodels, as i could just as easily goto the "All models... recursively" partbin to pull submodels into partspace (and i didn't know what it was for since it was indicating a document). Making the submodel disappear or be invisible is frustrating and makes one of two partbins a bit redundant.

this was not intended to be a rant.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: submodels not appearing in used models partbin - by Moreau - 2020-05-15, 22:34