Complete Part request: 53119 - Plate 1 x 1 Round with Whipped Cream Top

RE: Part request: 53119 - Plate 1 x 1 Round with Whipped Cream Top
(2020-05-11, 16:59)Magnus Forsberg Wrote: Very interesting. Could be a tutotial on the wiki? Even I managed to get some quads generated by PathTruder in LDPE.

How did you create the initial spiral of edge lines?

I had started this a long time ago, basically when the CMF came out. I constructed the spiral back then, but did not think about using path-truder, that's why I left the part alone.

I used 1-4edges to generate a flat spiral that matched pictures I took, the grade I took from the pictures as wel, but since I could not use the matrix to transform the edges, I inlined them and moved them up manually.

Using path-truder came only into my mind when I saw the request and after I did the train-front.

My problem with Pathtruder is, how it fits the starting shape, especially in this case. The final shape does not match the defined shape exactly. Also, I was not able to do the complete spiral at once, and also I could not do the top section with path-truder, that was also done manually.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Part request: 53119 - Plate 1 x 1 Round with Whipped Cream Top - by Gerald Lasser - 2020-05-11, 19:40