973p8j - Minifig Torso with Town Vest with Pockets and Stiped Tie pattern

RE: 973p8j - Minifig Torso with Town Vest with Pockets and Stiped Tie pattern
(2020-04-30, 19:24)Orion Pobursky Wrote: You could probably approximate it by assuming that all non-color 16 faces were printed and then using the base color to blend. I agree that this is a problem that doesn't need to be solved, can be solved easily, or is even practicably solvable.

I had many paragraphs' worth of thoughts on this, but in the end, you're right—it all comes back in the end to whether the problem needs to be solved. For those users who need parts to have the correct apparent color, it doesn't; for those who need it to have the correct intended color, it does. We have a strong guiding principle of backwards compatibility—would that allow us to un-solve the one problem in order to solve the other?

I'm not convinced the stakes are quite that high, at this point. I think the bluish color was a fair judgment call on the part of the author; it's not perfect, but it "looks right". If the part ever officially comes out in other base colors, those stakes may well be higher, and perhaps then would be a time to re-visit the question?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: 973p8j - Minifig Torso with Town Vest with Pockets and Stiped Tie pattern - by N. W. Perry - 2020-04-30, 22:18