LDCad Installation -- Bricks Partly or Not Visible in LDCad 1.6c

RE: Installation -- Bricks Partly or Not Visible in LDCad 1.6c
(2020-04-12, 23:54)Chad Voller Wrote: n00b here, please excuse me if this post is in the incorrect forum. I've searched a good bit but have not found an answer.

My son is just getting to learn computers and he loves Lego, so I searched and found LDraw.
I downloaded the All in One, then installed pretty much everything on his computer.

After setting the search/library paths official location to c\users\public\documents\ldraw\parts on his machine, when using LDCad the parts are not all there. They sort of render in bits and pieces... sometimes the full part. Just talking about simple bricks.

However, following the same pattern on my computer, I'm able to see all of the parts, just fine.

I tried an uninstall / reinstall on his machine, but the problem persists. 

I would be very grateful for any suggestions that could help me.

Hi Chad and welcome,

Sounds like the parts library was incomplete for some reason. I recommend you download complete.zip found here:
https://www.ldraw.org/parts/latest-parts.html

Then unzip and copy over the ldraw folder you listed above. This basically resets the entire library. Please let me know if you have any further questions or issues.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Installation -- Bricks Partly or Not Visible in LDCad 1.6c - by Orion Pobursky - 2020-04-13, 1:57