LDCad New User

New User
Hi everyone. My name is John and I just joined the forum. I didn't get into Lego's until I was in my 40's (I am 66 now and still playing with Lego's).
I saw the 8480 Space Shuttle when it came out and had to get it. I've been hooked on Technic ever since.
I am also into the Mindstorms/NXT/EV3 sets. I recently reverse engineered the program for the EV3 Puppy from the Lego EV3 Education set.

I haven't done any Lego cad work in quite a while and used MLCad. I just recently found out about LDCad.
I saw the 42110 Land Rover on the Lego Shop web site but wasn't interested in it at first.
Then I saw a you tube video of it showing the drive train. I decided to make a you tube video of how the drive train works.
You can see it here...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3TfZbrkDfY.

I was told I should make an animation of the drive train, but haven't learned scripting on LDCad yet.
I also just found out about LDPE. I was using L3Lab, but wanted something with more features.

I am making the 42055 Bucket Wheel Excavator with LDCad, but didn't have the curved gear rack.
I decided I would try a hand at making it. In the past, I made the 32186 Steering Arm with 3 Balls and the 64394 Panel Fairing #13.
I made the steering arm when I was building the 8448 Super Street Sensation on MLCad.
I did an animation of an 8 cylinder engine using MLCad too.

On my you tube channel, I have videos of some robotic stuff made with Robotis Bioloid system. 

I guess that's enough for now.
Hope you find this short bio interesting.

John  Smile
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
New User - by John Walt - 2020-03-21, 5:00
RE: New User - by Roland Melkert - 2020-03-23, 20:13
RE: New User - by John Walt - 2020-03-24, 0:49
RE: New User - by Philippe Hurbain - 2020-03-24, 8:30
RE: New User - by John Walt - 2020-03-24, 12:59