Thinking about doing a LDCad 1.7 version

RE: Thinking about doing a LDCad 1.7 version
(2020-05-23, 16:55)N. W. Perry Wrote: Is it possible to display the length of flexible parts dynamically as I edit the part? Most of the time, this means in nested mode, whereas now you have to exit nested mode and highlight the whole part. (I wouldn't mind also if it displayed the greater precision used in the generated code.)

If you open the MPD contents group in the bin, you can inspect the length using the flexible part's bin cell hint.

And if you open the parts own editing session you can also get extra information by opening the information icon at the right bottom.

That said, it might be handy to have it somewhere more prominent while working with the control points.

Maybe add it to the coordinate panel when anything path related is selected ?

(2020-05-23, 16:55)N. W. Perry Wrote: While I'm on the subject, I feel like there may be bugs in the length parameters of the path dialog. For example, if I set a length display offset, it vanishes next time I open the dialog. And if I set the unit to LDraw, the displayed length is some wild enormous number—but what it writes into the code is correct. Maybe this is a know issue, but if not I can go into more detail.
Sounds like a bug, but I can't replicate it.

I assume you talking about these settings?

.png   props.png (Size: 5.79 KB / Downloads: 231)

Are you using 1.6d because I did change something concerning those settings in 1.6c (added the L option) so I may have broken something during that.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thinking about doing a LDCad 1.7 version - by Roland Melkert - 2020-05-23, 22:31