Thinking about doing a LDCad 1.7 version

RE: Thinking about doing a LDCad 1.7 version
(2020-04-10, 19:05)Roland Melkert Wrote: That reminds me, the whole layer thing is a bit experimental in 1.6. It was supposed to become more dynamic (editable names etc). Linking it to hotkeys is/was part of that clean-up.

I didn't know that, but now that you say it, it makes sense. I've also noticed there's no way to see all group information in one place, or move parts from one group to another (including any empty groups, such as if I've ungrouped something and want to put it back together). The recursive grouping is really powerful but can also be a little confusing, especially as it interacts with nested editing and submodels. Being able to view and interact with the entire group "tree" would be very useful, but of course now we're getting much deeper into the weeds. Smile

Quote:The trailing newline is because internally all lines are without the next line character(s) only at the moment of writing to disk are they added to each string in the list making them lines.

The main problem with empty lines is pollution when appending new lines etc.

Only real solution I see is to truncate (trim) on read and force a single empty line on write. I could make that an option?

Could it be an option from Clean-up, maybe? Just to add an empty line before each FILE meta (except the first), in the same way that whitespace is added to force official header formatting? Alternatively, I could just train myself to add an empty line to the end of each submodel, as I already do with STEP commands at the end of each step.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thinking about doing a LDCad 1.7 version - by N. W. Perry - 2020-04-10, 19:56