Thinking about doing a LDCad 1.7 version

RE: Thinking about doing a LDCad 1.7 version
(2020-04-10, 18:43)N. W. Perry Wrote: 1) I would love to be able to configure hot keys for changing the active grouping layer from the main editing window. Or at least the first 9 (plus 0 for "none/disabled"); I probably would never get anywhere close to 32 grouping layers. Wink

That reminds me, the whole layer thing is a bit experimental in 1.6. It was supposed to become more dynamic (editable names etc). Linking it to hotkeys is/was part of that clean-up.

(2020-04-10, 18:43)N. W. Perry Wrote: 2) Small human-readability issue: LDCad adds a newline to the end of a main file (LDR or MPD), as required/permitted by the spec, but not to the end of subfiles inside an MPD. I find that I need to add this whitespace manually, to help when I need to scan the source in a text editor. (I appreciate that LDCad doesn't delete the space after I've added it, though!)
The trailing newline is because internally all lines are without the next line character(s) only at the moment of writing to disk are they added to each string in the list making them lines.

The main problem with empty lines is pollution when appending new lines etc.

Only real solution I see is to truncate (trim) on read and force a single empty line on write. I could make that an option?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thinking about doing a LDCad 1.7 version - by Roland Melkert - 2020-04-10, 19:05