Thinking about doing a LDCad 1.7 version

RE: Thinking about doing a LDCad 1.7 version
(2020-03-31, 18:40)N. W. Perry Wrote: Could it be an option to export only the fallback code, without the !LDCAD metas, specifically as a part (.dat) file with appropriate header? This could be used e.g. to open models with flex elements in other LDraw programs without sacrificing the higher quality of LDCad's generated mesh by using static references. (It's also necessary to view an LDCad-generated spring mesh in an external editor.)

I could see this as a third option when choosing "Duplicate subfile…", and possibly also in "Detach subfile", along with new file and new subfile in the current file.

Whenever you drop a template on a model it asks if you want to make it part of the mpd or a separate file.

If you choose to make it a separate file and name it something .dat you should be ok most of the time.

Only possible problem is when a generated part has subparts that .dat would technically be a mpd (this is mandated by LDCad's generator).

All LDCad meta's should be transparent to other tools as they would (MUST) just skip those lines.

That said, I'm planning to make some improvements to the mpd split/joint tools for the 1.7 version.

I'll add an extra option to split generated content (with a warning about loosing the original paramters etc) to that version.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thinking about doing a LDCad 1.7 version - by Roland Melkert - 2020-03-31, 19:31