L3P and LGEO in Linux Issue

L3P and LGEO in Linux Issue
OK, so I was attempting to use the Linux version of L3P to convert an MPD into a POV-ready file for rendering, when I noticed an inordinate amount of files were not being found. Worse yet, a lot of the files that supposedly weren't being found seemed parts that should be there. Here's a small sampling of the parts not being found:

Not in LGEO: 3034.dat Plate 2 x 8
Not in LGEO: 3023.dat Plate 1 x 2
Not in LGEO: 3020.dat Plate 2 x 4
Not in LGEO: 3022.dat Plate 2 x 2
Not in LGEO: 3710.dat Plate 1 x 4
Not in LGEO: 3031.dat Plate 4 x 4

So I looked into it, and found out those files DO EXIST in my lgeo library, so now I was really perplexed. Now, it would be one thing of no files were being found, but according to the end summary, 14 files were found, so clearly it isn't completely screwed up.

Furthermore, my "lgeo" file is in my LDraw folder, and I get the same files missing message whether I set the LGEODIR environmental variable or not (I use a script which sets it). In fact, the only way I could get a complete failure was to purposely set the LGEODIR to a wrong directory, which led to an expected "cannot find lg_elements.lst" error.

My question, then, is what am I doing wrong? Clearly L3P at least knows the lg_elements.lst and lg_colors.lst are, or it would be throwing errors about that at me. It's also finding some, but not all, parts. I'm really baffled right now, and any help would be welcome.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
I'm theJude! So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, his Judeness, or uh, Juder, or el Juderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
L3P and LGEO in Linux Issue - by Jude Parrill - 2011-12-11, 12:15
Re: L3P and LGEO in Linux Issue - by Steffen - 2011-12-11, 13:25
Re: L3P and LGEO in Linux Issue - by Steffen - 2011-12-11, 14:12