Using the AIOI ?

Using the AIOI ?
How do I use the AIOI so that I get full access to the parts folder?
As a part author I have to have access them, and maybe a model maker does not.

If I understand the installer correct it will place all files in the ../Program Files(x86)-folder, but I dont want that.
I want to have all the program that needs to be there, but not my parts libraries.

When I upgraded my old Win7 to Win10 some years ago I ran into all sorts of problems with not being able to edit and save anything in the Program Files-folder. Therefor I had to uninstall the AIOI, and tried to place everything somewhere else but still had lots of trouble handling my files.

I now have a new PC and want to use the AOIO but I don't know where to direct the installer so that I have full access to all the files.

Does any of the software have to be in the Program Files(x86)-folder? Which one?
Where should I install the rest of the software?
Why do the AIOI auto-direct me to the Program Files(x86)-folder?
Is it possible to set up the installer so that it installs into more than one folder? Do I want to do that? How do I do that?

Is it possible, or even prefered, to have all the software in the same folder? Where should that one be placed?
Directly under C:\
Or in another folder? Maybe in C:\Users\Default\Documents\  ?
Is there a difference between having it in the Default / Public / Magnus -folders?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Using the AIOI ? - by Magnus Forsberg - 2019-12-22, 14:23
RE: Using the AIOI ? - by Roland Melkert - 2019-12-22, 20:16
RE: Using the AIOI ? - by Ulrich Röder - 2019-12-23, 9:05
RE: Using the AIOI ? - by Orion Pobursky - 2019-12-23, 15:15
RE: Using the AIOI ? - by Philippe Hurbain - 2019-12-31, 16:53
RE: Using the AIOI ? - by Roland Melkert - 2019-12-23, 21:06