Advice getting started with parts authoring?

RE: Advice getting started with parts authoring?
(2020-04-21, 1:58)Orion Pobursky Wrote: So this is how LDDP does polling. It creates a temp file: <filename>.lddptmp and updates that whenever the timer fires. LDView (and other progs), detect this change and reload the model. I’m sure there’s a better way but this was the easiest to implement using the knowledge I had at the time. Therefore, if there’s some issue with creating that temp file (e.g. no write permissions), polling will fail. This file should be created in the same folder as the original file so not sure what’s going on that it would try to create in Z:/. Prolly some quirk with WINE.

I think so—best I can figure out is that the wine config is owned by a regular user, when it needs to be root. And from all that I've read, running Wine as root is a Very Bad Idea™, so I'm not sure I want to do that.

Z:/ makes sense because that's where all the apps are; it's just what Wine calls my real drive, as opposed to its fake C:/ drive. So that's the correct volume at least, if not the correct directory. So maybe if I put the program into the C:/ drive…?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Advice getting started with parts authoring? - by N. W. Perry - 2020-04-21, 2:41