Advice getting started with parts authoring?

RE: Advice getting started with parts authoring?
(2020-04-21, 1:38)N. W. Perry Wrote: OK, that's all sorted—now the problem is <Cannot create file " Z: \ Untitled.lddptmp ". Access denied.> Both on startup, and when invoking LDView from within the program. (But it didn't occur before I successfully set the path search for LDView.)

J.C. Tchang mentions this same error message, so I'm guessing it's a semi-known issue?

So this is how LDDP does polling. It creates a temp file: <filename>.lddptmp and updates that whenever the timer fires. LDView (and other progs), detect this change and reload the model. I’m sure there’s a better way but this was the easiest to implement using the knowledge I had at the time. Therefore, if there’s some issue with creating that temp file (e.g. no write permissions), polling will fail. This file should be created in the same folder as the original file so not sure what’s going on that it would try to create in Z:/. Prolly some quirk with WINE.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Advice getting started with parts authoring? - by Orion Pobursky - 2020-04-21, 1:58