LD Pattern Creator Help - Template creation

RE: LD Pattern Creator Help - Template creation
(2019-09-17, 19:51)Magnus Forsberg Wrote: Could you please add a copy of the code?
It's very hard to see/understand what you want to do from only a rendering.

I'll try.

My rendering is the part that I'm trying to create. The 59349 1x5x6 Panel rotated 270 degrees with the YvesSaintLaurent type across the bottom in black. The part will be a window in trans-clear. The rendering may be a little too small to clearly see that it appears the created YSL type is almost "embedded" behind the surface causing unusual refractions and loss of colour in the text in the render.

This was my process:

1. Using LDPE, open file 59349.dat from the LDraw library.

2. Selected the four front face vertices using select>select single vertice +Ctrl.

3. Copied and pasted the selected vertices into the new.dat in the text editor section of LDPE.

4. Save the new.dat file as 59349_patterndata.dat

5. Open 59349_patterndata.data in LDPE selecting the front face as per instructions above.

6. Saved projection data as a template and added the line of code  "1 16 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 s/59349s01.dat", also copied 59349.dat and pasted, renaming into parts/s/59349s01.dat

7. Created pattern using LDPC and colours 16 and 1 (Black)

8. Exported as .dat

Does this adequately explain my process and what I was trying to do?
Thanks in advance.
Adam

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: LD Pattern Creator Help - Template creation - by ShireBrickz.com - 2019-09-17, 22:48