LDraw.org 2019-02 Parts Update Now Available

LDraw.org 2019-02 Parts Update Now Available
The 2019-02 LDraw Parts Update has been now been released. This adds 664 new files to the core library, including 572 new parts and 18 new primitives.

After discussion on this forum we have decided to stop releasing files representing LEGO part numbers for 'Physical_Colour' parts, as other automatically updated resources (such as BrickSet), provide a better source for this information. Included in this update are re-issued versions of many of the 'Physical_Colour' parts as obsoleted files. This technique prevents existing models (which may have used these part numbers) from breaking, but prevents the files from being presented in selection lists for the creation of new models. Special thanks are due to Willy Tschager (user Holly-Wood) for taking on the tedious task of re-working these files.

Thanks are of course due to all the part authors who created or corrected parts for this release. The small, but dedicated, band of reviewers also play an important role in keeping files moving through the Parts Tracker and deserve just as much credit. 

You can preview the new parts in 2019-02 here, and download the zip-file update or Windows install package here. Alternatively you can use the LDView menu option File | Check for Library Updates... to install the update.

There are still a significant number of 'problem' files which fail to meet our standards and have been left on the Parts Tracker for years. As a reminder, if these have remained untouched by the original author for three months, they are considered 'fair game' for any author to correct. We would welcome any effort to reduce this backlog.

This update is appearing slightly later than the end of August target I set myself, but hopefully demonstrates that a two-monthly update schedule is achievable. I expect to issue new updates towards the end of October and in December.
Chris (LDraw Parts Library Admin)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
LDraw.org 2019-02 Parts Update Now Available - by Chris Dee - 2019-09-09, 18:00