Some questions about LDCad and LPub3D

RE: Some questions about LDCad and LPub3D
(2019-08-05, 11:39)Anto Wrote: What do I need to download to get the last release (I'm on Windows)? Just the files I want then I have to put them in the good repertories? (I'm a bit lost ^^')

Trevor Wrote:There is a Continuous Build release at the LPub3D production repository. You can download the latest build for Windows (installed and portable distros), Linux AppImage, Ubuntu, Arch, Fedora and macOS platforms.

Click on the embedded link and follow the steps to download and extract (.zip), insall (.exe) your preferred distribution. Note: If a build is in progress, not all distributions will be available. In fact, the Microsoft builds are the last to be produced.

(2019-08-05, 11:39)Anto Wrote: I have read the page about the Group/Remove group, but I have not understand everything. Confused Is there something to do before in LDCad? When a group is defined, the LID is its reference, as for example, the group "Motor_without_cable" with the LID "1"?

Answered by Roland but I can add that with the latest build (2.3.13 r88), you must use the LDCad group's GID or name - see GitHub ticket #149 for further details on the recent updates.

(2019-08-05, 11:39)Anto Wrote: About the steps placements, here is what I wish so make: (my own instructions below)
But sometimes it's not possible or all moves when I re-open the file, like this:
I think the problem appears mainly when there are callouts. I can send you my file by private message, however I can't because as I am a new member I haven't access to this function yet (or I have just not found how to do ^^').

If you want, you can send the model file using my email address - available at Help->About LPub3D...->Credits.

(2019-08-05, 11:39)Anto Wrote: To zoom on a part of the model, ...is it possible to make screenshots and to add pictures in a page to get the same result? (Using LDView)

Yes. However, be advised that taking this approach is a bit advanced. There are several ways to generate images outside of the default page build. If you take a look at the LPub3D log (Help->View LPub3D Log), you can see the exact command passed to the renderer. For LDView, you can use the online user manual to set the precise flags you need to achieve the rendering you want - including changing the look at position of your model (-ModelCenter 0.0,0.0,0.0) and zooming (-ModelSize 0.0). You can also edit the LDView.ini, and many others, file from Configuration->Edit Parameter Files... Use this capability to render a single step or combine all the steps you wish to customize and render accordingly. After that, you can transfer the images to your main project. Keep in mind that if you should ensure the 'Last Update' date on your images is the same or newer than the same setting on your model file. If you make an update to the model file, LPub3D will automatically overwrite the image during the render process. I think with this new information, you can use your insights to create the appropriate environments(s) to get the result you're looking for going forward.

Cheers,
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Some questions about LDCad and LPub3D - by Trevor Sandy - 2019-08-07, 7:02