pattern coordination and optimization efforts

RE: pattern coordination and optimization efforts
Yes, there are billions of patterns missing... Cool 

I once took the task to complete (at that time) all the 98138 (Tile Round 1 x 1) and added close to 50 patterns. Counted them today, and there are already nearly 20 missing!

I had a spree with the 4x4 Dishes and 3x3 Dishes this week. Due to a cleanup of the main file to close mini-gaps and the move to 48 sections on the 3x3, I made the LDPC templates and added what I had in my collection (2 complicated ones to go for the 4 x 4)

It gets crazy with Minifig heads... The Company releases around 250 per annum (counting on Bricklink) I do have a XLS somewhere with a status form last year and I think there were some 2500 different heads... I took pictures of the ones I have, around 400, but I managed to add also around 50 only, mostly CMF and some Star Wars.

Torsi, same thing...

You need those times when you get an urge to do those...

I am not sure of the number of times a pattern is used in real life is meaningful, may be people want different, rarer patterns.

Of course a repository of very good pictures/photographs would be essential to start doing those en masse (plus time  Wink )

May be data can also be extracted through the XML/CSV download option of the BL database.

May be a priority would also be "hot" sets, like some Idea-Sets etc...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: pattern coordination and optimization efforts - by Gerald Lasser - 2019-06-04, 21:17