James Jessiman Memorial Award for 2018 awarded to Michael ‚Mike‘ Heidemann

RE: James Jessiman Memorial Award for 2018 awarded to Michael ‚Mike‘ Heidemann
(2019-04-15, 6:58)Willy Tschager Wrote: The LDraw.org Steering Committee is pleased to announce that the 2018 James Jessiman Memorial Award (JJMA) recipient is Michael ‚Mike‘ Heidemann (and I beg your pardon that the announcement comes with a 4 months delay).

Mike found LDraw while he was searching for building instructions for a set his wife had bought for his son. Since he already had a little experience with POV-Ray his interest in making some old sets in LDraw was piqued. Soon he discovered that there were some/many pieces missing from the LDraw Parts Library and he started making them himself.

He is also a passionate collector. His first complete range of LEGO sets was the ZNAP theme. Using his experience in computer programming with visual basic he also wrote some programmes which deal with LDraw files among those the ever useful DatHeader for part authors or MPDCenter for the casual user. Many more can be found on his website.

More information on the JJMA can be found at: http://www.ldraw.org/article/222.html

Willy Tschager
On behalf of the LDraw.org Steering Committee

PS On a personal note I‘d like to add that at his site you‘ll also find LDMiniAssi,  a prog he wrote exclusively for me to manage the MLCad.ini file

Hi Mike 

Also from me the best congratulations. Yes, your programs really make everyday life easier for us.

Best regards from Austria
Johann
If nothing goes right, go left.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: James Jessiman Memorial Award for 2018 awarded to Michael ‚Mike‘ Heidemann - by Johann Eisner - 2019-04-15, 16:18