LDCad Flex Hose problems

RE: LDCad Flex Hose problems
(2019-01-07, 14:34)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: My own experiments with setting a fixed length for flex parts was not very conclusive. I tested a bit with your hose, it mostly works fine, but generates a variable number of segments depending of constraints/control points. To get the right number, I simply adjusted the control point handles unti I got the right length. One problem is that in nested mode where I can adjust the handles I don't see that number, it only appears when I switch back to normal mode and hover on the part (it is displayed in status bar). The other problem is that length is displayed in mm while number of segments would be more convenient. This is easy to change: edit the flex part (or if you want to make the change definitive, edit the template itself). Session -> edit header -> Path tab -> change length display to "segs"

You could also play with the segment size parameter of the two skin meta's. Those are set to 50% in the template to ensure the wide overlap of segments.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
LDCad Flex Hose problems - by Orion Pobursky - 2019-01-07, 12:42
RE: LDCad Flex Hose problems - by Roland Melkert - 2019-01-07, 18:17
RE: LDCad Flex Hose problems - by N. W. Perry - 2020-09-02, 22:54
RE: LDCad Flex Hose problems - by Owen Dive - 2020-09-04, 8:50
RE: LDCad Flex Hose problems - by N. W. Perry - 2020-09-04, 23:51