LDCad Feature Request

LDCad Feature Request
One thing I find myself constantly doing that would make life easier (and, to me at least, seems in line with the "standard" way modern software works) would be to be able to double click a part (or any line, actually) in the .ldr source window and have it bring up the properties for said object.
I know you can right-click and select "Properties" to get there, but a double click seems quicker, easier and more intuitive. In fact, maybe even having it do the same thing when parts are double-clicked in the editing views might also be a good idea.

Second, once the part properties dialog is up, would it be possible to have a part selector list available next to the Main | Reference textbox? Just a standard "..." button maybe that brings up another dialog allowing you to see the complete list of parts by both name and part #? The idea being that I often find myself needing to change an existing part in a model (after a copy of a section, or just a change in design) but currently I have to delete the existing part and drag in a new one from the part bin or look up the part # beforehand that I want to use instead and enter it manually. Being able to just change the number on a part with a double-click and then a click for a list would speed up my process greatly.

And if there is already a way to do the step above faster but I'm just not seeing it, please let me know! Smile

Just some thoughts after using the package for a few weeks. I'm starting to *really* like it and greatly appreciate all of your work, Roland. Thanks so much again!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
LDCad Feature Request - by Jeff Boen - 2018-06-18, 16:15
RE: LDCad Feature Request - by Jeff Boen - 2018-06-18, 18:13
RE: LDCad Feature Request - by Roland Melkert - 2018-06-18, 19:40
RE: LDCad Feature Request - by Jeff Boen - 2018-06-18, 22:54
RE: LDCad Feature Request - by Roland Melkert - 2018-06-19, 18:15
RE: LDCad Feature Request - by Milan Vančura - 2018-06-22, 14:47
RE: LDCad Feature Request - by Roland Melkert - 2018-06-22, 17:55
RE: LDCad Feature Request - by Jeff Boen - 2018-06-20, 5:28
RE: LDCad Feature Request - by Jeff Boen - 2018-06-20, 13:04