Original Grey Technic motor from 1977: 6216a

RE: Original Grey Technic motor from 1977: 6216a
(2018-04-02, 13:01)Magnus Forsberg Wrote: I didn't calc anything.... I'm a more hands-on guy. Just grab and move.

I guess you're a hard-core 3D guy. Wink

(2018-04-02, 13:01)Magnus Forsberg Wrote: A text editor like LDDP and LDView as a viewer, are a good place to start editing

I'm currently using TextEdit (and nano) on Mac OS X. It may be a little harder than using the mouse, but it does give a good understanding on how things work.

(2018-04-02, 13:01)Magnus Forsberg Wrote: I recommend LDPE from Nils Schmidt.
Both LDDP and LDPE have a good error varning system. (In LDDP just press F10, to run.)

I attempted to use LDPE yesterday, but failed - I'd have to spend some time in order to get the application running.

Today I downloaded Edger2 and fixed 50+ compile-errors, then it builds under g++. I'll contact the author and send him modifications, so that both Linux and Unix users can benefit from it. Smile

(2018-04-02, 13:01)Magnus Forsberg Wrote:
(2018-04-02, 7:58)Jens Bauer Wrote: In endcap.dat (and endcaph.dat), would I only need 4 cond-lines ?
... I would expect that I need 12 cond-lines in axlegroove.dat, is that correct ?

Correct.
Unless you want to also add cond-lines agaist the axle.dat primitive, instead of edges.
I have to look at the result before judging.

I was thinking about more cond-lines - since the end of the axle is actually rounded everywhere; but I'm not sure how far I should go.

(2018-04-02, 13:01)Magnus Forsberg Wrote: I have often tried to describe how to create good cond-lines. Maybe the wiki is the best place to gather the knowledge.

I think so too; it's great to have one subject covered well on one page.
The LDraw pages I found before I started asking about cond-pages (including the documentation) gave me a fairly good understanding, but there were still many questions. As I know it's important to catch those questions for other users, I suggested a FAQ, which has already been put up by the awesome fast admins here. =)

(2018-04-02, 13:01)Magnus Forsberg Wrote: Is it possible to add some sort of video in the wiki? Or a animated gif? It is only when you start to rotate stuff the concept gets really understandable.

I don't know for sure, but I think I've seen an animated gif on a wiki-page once.

(2018-04-02, 13:01)Magnus Forsberg Wrote: Edges and Cond-lined should allways use colour 24

Excellent, I've stored that in my long-term memory. Smile
I'm starting to feel like I'm able to make parts (I'm amazed how many errors I made this far, but someone might come across this thread and find useful information).
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Original Grey Technic motor from 1977: 6216a - by Jens Bauer - 2018-04-02, 13:43