MLCad 3.50 is available

RE: MLCad 3.50 is available
(2018-02-20, 8:04)Jaco van der Molen Wrote: I agree Orion, however I mainly create and edit models in LDCad, I ever so often edit in MLCad and use some features.
For example to apply Buffer Exchange and Rotation Steps which I find much easier in MLCad. Maybe because I was (am) so used to it for years.
I use MLCad Groups to work with Remove Group in LPub(3D).
I use the minifig generator too to create the basics for my minifigures. Especially for accessories (which do not always snap to hands) very handy.
Sort by height and add steps after change in height is still handy to add basic steps to a converted LDD model for example.
And I also like to make use of the "Draw to selected part" option to "step through" a model brick by brick.

Though MLCad is not my main editor anymore, but I cannot live without it. Developing it more would not be nesscesary for me, but making mentioned MLCad features available in LDCad for example would be nice.

I'm considering adding MLCad group support to LDCad 2.0, the only reason I 'invented' my own group meta is because I wanted them to be able to contain nested items and other groups. Maybe LPub will one day support the LDCad groups too Smile

Buffer exchange/and step rotation are already in 1.6 you just need to know how to add the metas (bufexchg in the special LDraw meta's part bin, step rotate by editing the current step.)

Minifig generator is something I have been dubbing about for some time because with shortcut inline/templates and part snapping you could argue it isn't really needed.

Sorting of lines can be done by a macro, but I understand this is a very high learning curve. There is a very basic script for this in the default set of macros though.

"Draw to selected" can be simulated by temporary inserting a step meta. But it will be in LDCad 2.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
MLCad 3.50 is available - by Steffen - 2018-02-17, 9:23
RE: MLCad 3.50 is available - by Steffen - 2018-02-18, 16:38
RE: MLCad 3.50 is available - by Steffen - 2018-02-19, 1:01
RE: MLCad 3.50 is available - by Steffen - 2018-02-18, 16:37
RE: MLCad 3.50 is available - by Roland Melkert - 2018-02-20, 19:59
MLCad 3.51 is available - by Steffen - 2024-02-06, 14:05