Submodels, mpd, and Lpub3D

Submodels, mpd, and Lpub3D
Howdy y'all. I've been using MLCAD forever but just started using Lpub3D a few months ago. I've overcome a lot of learning curve but now I've run into a problem. I created a neat little model that I'm giving away as a prize. Since there's some SNOT and inverted building involved, I decided to break the model into 14 submodels for clarity's sake.

Great, figured out the mpd function in MLCAD.

Then I bring it into Lpub3D. I don't necessarily want every submodel to look like a callout so I group steps together for each submodel and remove the callout formatting so it looks like you're building a bunch of table scraps.

Here's where my problem comes in.

I want to build submodel 1, 2, and 3 and then show how they go together. Then I want to build submodel 4 and attach it to the growing assembly, then submodel 5 and 6 and attach them to the main model. Build submodels 7-10 and show them being attached. Submodels 11 and 12 get built directly onto the main model. There are 4 copies of submodel 13, then attach them, finally submodel 14 goes in place and then gets rotated a bit.

I know there's a buffer exchange solution in here somewhere. I'm just not sure how to show a few submodels getting built, then show the main model with those submodels attached, then go to build a few more submodels, then attach them, etc.

One solution I thought of is to create a few ldr files that show the main build in progress and insert them into the main mpd. But then I'm not sure how to show those correctly throughout the instructions.

I could share my mpd file but I'm trying to keep it a highly guarded secret for now.

Thanks, Dag
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Submodels, mpd, and Lpub3D - by Brian Dag - 2018-02-09, 7:20
RE: Submodels, mpd, and Lpub3D - by Brian Dag - 2018-02-09, 17:42
RE: Submodels, mpd, and Lpub3D - by Brian Dag - 2018-02-09, 18:05
RE: Submodels, mpd, and Lpub3D - by Brian Dag - 2018-02-09, 21:10
RE: Submodels, mpd, and Lpub3D - by Brian Dag - 2018-02-12, 19:06
RE: Submodels, mpd, and Lpub3D - by Brian Dag - 2018-02-12, 21:20
RE: Submodels, mpd, and Lpub3D - by Brian Dag - 2018-02-13, 17:41
RE: Submodels, mpd, and Lpub3D - by reinout - 2018-09-02, 10:49