[LDPartEditor] 0.8.42 Beta Released (Bug fix / open *.dat with LDPartEditor.exe)

RE: [LDPartEditor] - Issues with launch from explorer
(2018-01-24, 18:51)Philippe Hurbain Wrote:
(2018-01-24, 16:38)Magnus Forsberg Wrote: Strange.
On my machine it works fine.
It looks like a new instance is opened (it takes about 1 or 2 seconds, I get a brief glimpce of it) but then it "turns itself" into a new tab.
Ah, yes, it mostly works: if I open a part file with LDPE from explorer then another part with the same method, I get only one LDPE instance. But (and that's how I tried) if I launch LDPE exe, load a file through LDPE open function, then open a part file from windows explorer, I get a second instance.

I am aware that sometimes LDPE is launching a second instance to open a file. I will try to fix this with future releases.
It was not trivial to implement this "Open with..." feature in Java. The current implementation took about 500 lines of code.
I guess that I need about 750-1000 lines for a "stable" implementation. I have to use threads, queues, locks and a simple communication protocol just for opening a *.dat file in LDPE from the Windows explorer Wink
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: [LDPartEditor] - Issues with launch from explorer - by Nils Schmidt - 2018-01-25, 21:26