Question about Shock Absorber Damped

RE: Question about Shock Absorber Damped
(2017-11-29, 7:55)Merlijn Wissink Wrote:
(2017-11-28, 19:47)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: I had a look at my parts, the springs ar different between blue and clear versions. I was not aware of springless version, but indeed: https://brickset.com/parts/design-63144

Wow, a springless version? Didn't know that either. I looked up some (video) reviews of that set and it's indeed without spring. Weird.

The reason I started this topic was because Rebrickable is having a bit of trouble with this part (as far as LDraw export/import is concerned). When there's no image available for a part, it uses a generated image from LDraw parts (if possible). For this part however, things get a little messed up. First problem is that Rebrickable can't handle specific parts for specific colors. In this case, only the trans-clear LDraw part is mapped to the Rebrickable part (which contains both tr-clear and tr-blue). Second problem is that the images that are generated are wrong too. Instead of a tr-clear housing and tr-blue housing, you get images with a tr-clear housing + tr-clear inside and a tr-clear housing + a tr-blue inside. If that makes sense Wink

Hopefully OK now: http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptscan.cgi?q=damped. Previous obsoletized shortcuts are sent to admin.
What was done:
- modified body and piston shortcuts to use correct colors and changed origin to Technic pin hole.
- generated new springs with correct winding (previous version was turning backwards) in compressed and extended versions. Extended is 4ldu longer to fit physcal dimension of extended shock absorber
- Generated new shortcuts using assembly design numbers (from Brickset) with and without spring, extended and compressed
- Though I have two different versions of spring I kept things simple (and made only one) as they seem completely equivalent (same stiffness)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Question about Shock Absorber Damped - by Philippe Hurbain - 2017-12-05, 13:23