LDCad 2.0 GUI Thoughts

RE: LDCad 2.0 GUI Thoughts
(2018-02-28, 19:06)Roland Melkert Wrote:
(2018-02-28, 1:58)Michael Horvath Wrote: I think the LeoCAD GUI is very slick, though it is still a ways farther behind LDCad in terms of offering features. Once it catches up, I will probably be using it exclusively.

It has nice button icons but other then that it's basically mlcad imho.

The big problem I'm having is not being an artist so I'll automatically end up with very flat simple looking icons.

The LDCad 2 gui will be heavily depended on "Skin" images so in theory it could be just as slick if someone makes nicer images for it.

I believe the icons that LeoCAD uses are standard Windows icons that can be found in various DLL files in %systemroot%\system32\
Found at: https://www.digitalcitizen.life/where-fi...tive-icons
but this goes for all versions of Windows, I think.

Once LDCad 2 is out, I am more than willing to create icons and share them.
Most icons for standard actions like open, save, close, etc. can be easily used from standard Windows programs and be made as images the can be used.

For what the GUI of LDCad is now I am happy with it, like it is. But I can imagine some people will find it most confusing.
Though I must say LDCad is not aimed at your average Windows / LDraw user. I am wondering how many people who start with LDraw will and can understand working with it.
It took me a couple of months to get used to and since I was a die-hard MLCad user this took a lot of effort. I even gave up trying to learn and understand it at some point.
Now that I am comfortable with LDCad, I am very happy to learn and use it all the time as my basic LDraw editor, though I sometimes refer to MLCad, like mentioned.
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
LDCad 2.0 GUI Thoughts - by Roland Melkert - 2017-08-23, 20:41
RE: LDCad 2.0 GUI Thoughts - by Owen Dive - 2017-08-23, 21:06
RE: LDCad 2.0 GUI Thoughts - by Owen Dive - 2018-02-27, 9:17
RE: LDCad 2.0 GUI Thoughts - by Jaco van der Molen - 2018-03-05, 11:44
RE: LDCad 2.0 GUI Thoughts - by Johann Eisner - 2019-04-01, 15:55
RE: LDCad 2.0 GUI Thoughts - by Johann Eisner - 2019-04-01, 16:54