Which renderers support Texture Mapping

RE: Which renderers support Texture Mapping
[quote pid='25511' dateline='1498031642']
 Findings and workflow:
[/quote]

1. Create a part "globe".dat" and put it in C:\Users\Public\Documents\LDraw\Unofficial\Parts
  2. Create a folder "textures" in C:\Users\Public\Documents\LDraw\Unofficial\Parts and put the PNG image in there
  3. Make a model file using the part "globe.dat"
  4. Make sure in LDView 4.2 that settings/preferences "Primitives > Textures > Use texture maps" is checked (and test if the model renders correctly with texture applied)
  5. Find out what the folder of the zipped libraries LPub3D is. On my new machine it is "C:\Users\mj\AppData\Local\LPub3D Software\LPub3D"
  6. Copy the "globe.dat" and folder "textures" in C:\Users\Public\Documents\LDraw\Unofficial\Parts
  7. Using the file explorer (of any zip program) paste (or add) dat file and textures folder to lpub3dldrawunf.zip\parts
  8. Start LPub3D and make sure your renderer is LDView
  9. Load your LDraw file in LPub3D and see if it renders the part with texture applied in both PLI and CSI
If you follow these steps, it should work... I think.

I have to do some testing with my model and actual print, but things look hopefull.
Just need to figure out how to apply the texture and what size of PNG image to use, etc....

To all who read and replied (special thanks to Roland, Travis and Merlijn) and thought with me: many thanks!

I will write more findings and show result later.
And if I find time I'll write a tutorial for my website :-)

Attached Files
.dat   globe.dat (Size: 297 bytes / Downloads: 2)
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which renderers support Texture Mapping - by Jaco van der Molen - 2017-06-21, 8:12