OBI (Original Building Instructions) meta commands

OBI (Original Building Instructions) meta commands
I'd like to see if others on this board are interested in adding the !OBI meta command to the list of meta commands allowed in official files. It is used to allow rendering of building instructions in one of the styles used by LEGO, that is, the style with flat black sides on studs and various other geometry.

The !OBI command was created quite a few years ago by Joshua Delahunty (possibly with help from me and others; I honestly don't remember), and implemented as an undocumented feature in LDView. However, it was never made official, or allowed in official parts, and in order to work, some parts and primitives need to include !OBI commands.

An example of the style can be found here:

http://www.technicbricks.com/2011/07/uno...tions.html

I don't at this point know how invasive this meta-command has to be. I think it's mostly present in primitive files, being relatively rare in part files. If that's the case, initial population of the library should be relatively straightforward. If not, things could be more difficult. But there's no real point in doing a thorough study if the LSC at large doesn't consider the !OBI meta command to be appropriate in the official library.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
OBI (Original Building Instructions) meta commands - by Travis Cobbs - 2017-05-02, 2:34