30298 Windscreen 10 x 14 x 2 2/3 Roll Cage (missing?)

RE: 30298 Windscreen 10 x 14 x 2 2/3 Roll Cage (missing?)
(2017-05-15, 7:04)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: Oops, used wrong hinge primitive... corrected now! http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cg...298s01.dat

Yes, you can make other improvements - Not sure what you mean exactly, I'll understand after I see your changes Wink

Awesome, I didn't really want to correct that part Tongue

What I was talking about is that most of the bars are not cut cylinders. The bars that run front-back (from the studs to the front) look like the inside and outside are made by joining two different curves (inside being a quarter-circle, and the outside looking like a quarter-ellipse).
Also, the bars that make up the middle triangle on the sides have the outside edges thicker (longer?) on the underside than the inside edges (second image, more visible on the bottom portion of photo). The front-back bars also have thicker edges on the outside.

I'll try to make the changes myself, as I know you already put effort into making this one and I don't want to keep nitpicking you because of my desire to make this super accurate (that, and having the part makes it easier to see the small things like this).

I really do appreciate the work you've done!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: 30298 Windscreen 10 x 14 x 2 2/3 Roll Cage (missing?) - by Stephen Wilkins - 2017-05-15, 12:40