LDCad 1.6 Beta 2a (win+linux)

RE: LDCad 1.6 Beta 2a (win+linux)
(2017-05-12, 19:22)Roland Melkert Wrote: Too bad, some questions which might help me pinpoint the problem:

Does it crash for all templates or just the path/spring ones and not e.g. a  hinge shortcut etc.
Can you see the added template content in the model (for a split second) before it crashes. (if not updating the video driver might help).
Does 1.5 or one of the earlier 1.6's have the same problem.
Can you send me the log files of a crashed session.

I'll answer your questions one by one:
  • I just tried it and it doesn't crash with shortcuts for hinges etc. It does crash for springs, hoses, ropes etc.
  • I can certainly see it. I drag the part into the editing area and it becomes perfectly visible. But then a pop-up pops up (haha Tongue) which asks if I want an MPD subfile or a loose subfile. When I choose either option and press OK, only then it crashes.
  • No. But it actually made me realize something: I had updated to beta 2a a little while ago when it came out. But, the LDCad main window said I had beta 2 while the files (changelog etc.) suggested I had beta 2a. I just reinstalled the complete thing and now it works again. I never had this problem in beta 2 though (I'm 100% sure) so I have no idea what happened. Maybe two versions kinda mixed? I don't know Sad
  • Well, not anymore cause I reinstalled it and I think it deleted the old logs  Sad
So, it now works and now we'll probably never know what the problem was... Maybe there was really some mix-up of versions (although I have no idea how that could've happened since as far as I know I'm always using the installer).

<sigh>
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: LDCad 1.6 Beta 2a (win+linux) - by Merlijn Wissink - 2017-05-13, 9:38