LPub3D L3P EOL [Poll]

RE: LPub3D L3P EOL [Poll]
Top of my wish list has always been a version of LDView that can generate a POV export with all (well most of) the level of control that L3P offers, in particular:
  • setting up multiple lights
  • setting a camera position (angle and distance)
  • defining rudimentary backgrounds
  • using LGEO part definitions where available
and I believe it's already just about there.

But the really, really big requirement is to be able to initiate this from the command line. I do a lot of batch generation of POV-Ray files, using batch files with standard sets of L3P parameters. I simply drag/drop a bunch of LDRaw source files onto the batch file icon and the .pov files pop ouit of the other end. If I can achieve the same using an LDView icon on my desktop then I am 100% behind your proposal.

(Going further, I have also built this batch processing into other tools based on Excel, so it is invoked from within macro code. This allows me to build services for my users to to turn allll kinds of data into photo-realistic 3D images without any knowledge at all of LDraw. I define the parameters, and all they do is input the data and push a button. Which is why I need a way to get from LDraw source to POV-Ray source without any user interface in the middle.)

--
Martin James
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
LPub3D L3P EOL [Poll] - by Trevor Sandy - 2017-02-23, 6:40
RE: LPub3D L3P EOL [Poll] - by Martin James - 2017-02-23, 10:40
RE: LPub3D L3P EOL [Poll] - by Trevor Sandy - 2017-02-23, 14:00
RE: LPub3D L3P EOL [Poll] - by Travis Cobbs - 2017-02-25, 5:17
RE: LPub3D L3P EOL [Poll] - by Travis Cobbs - 2017-02-25, 5:31
RE: LPub3D L3P EOL [Poll] - by Martin James - 2017-02-26, 13:24
RE: LPub3D L3P EOL [Poll] - by Willy Tschager - 2017-02-23, 11:36