LDCad 1.6 Beta 1 (win+linux)

RE: LDCad 1.6 Beta 1 (win+linux)
(2017-01-04, 22:28)Roland Melkert Wrote:
(2016-12-23, 8:56)Merlijn Wissink Wrote: Thanks! Seems a bit weird to put it under 'editing views' in my opinion. I expected it under file > export > POV-ray or something like that.
Anyway, gonna take a look at what it produces  Smile

Concerning the povray export, you might want to use the attached colors.pov (place in %appdata%/LDCad/povray/default) as I made some improvements in it in regards to transparent parts.

Cool! I've rendered a relatively big Technic model a couple of days ago using LDCad's export feature. The image is being used on the cover of the instructions. I was actually planning on using LDView together with LGEO, but I had to set it up from scratch (due to a forced Windows reinstall couple of months ago) and I couldn't get it to work. In the end, I thought 'hey! LDCad can export too!' and thus I used LDCad's export.

It looks quite good. Although, the whole lighting seems a bit low/dark to me and the parts look a little too shiny. Especially red bricks looked a little too dark, but again, that might've been the lighting. Other than that it looks pretty good. Smile
I don't think I can share those images (yet) in public, but I could send you a PM if you'd like to see them.

I don't know if you were planning to take the exporter further or not, but it would be really cool if you'd make it like LDD-to-POV-Ray. A program like that is severely lacking the in the LDraw ecosystem. There are a lot of ways to export LDraw to POV-Ray, there are a lot of guides on how to make the POV-Ray render look better by manually editing stuff, but there's no in between.

If you don't know LDD-to-POV-Ray, here are some example images of what LDD-to-Pov-Ray can do.

I know that would be a lot of work, but it also would be really cool and useful.  Rolleyes
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: LDCad 1.6 Beta 1 (win+linux) - by Merlijn Wissink - 2017-01-05, 8:51
RE: LDCad 1.6 Beta 1 (win+linux) - by TestOne - 2016-12-28, 15:33
RE: LDCad 1.6 Beta 1 (win+linux) - by TestOne - 2016-12-28, 21:49