Some more findings in LPub3D

RE: Some more findings in LPub3D
(2016-09-14, 13:58)Jaco van der Molen Wrote: Don't mean to rush you, but when is 2.0.11 comming? ;-)

Likely this weekend - if I don't agree to complete/include the number of pieces fix.

On the number of pieces fix topic; I imagine I'll have to write some sort of logic module to account for the myriad of alternatives/exceptions possible when counting parts. Some example alternatives are what is the user defining as a part? LDraw parts, LEGO parts, custom assembly (e.g. LDCad template), submodel treated as part by LPub3D etc...

The challenge here is the user will have to play a role in configuring her model file to accurately reflect the part count expected. This will undoubtedly require moderate knowledge of LDraw and LPub3D format/logic semantics. I will aim to minimize the intervention of the user but; ultimately, the strength of the part count will depend on the integrity of the model file.

If you don't mind, can you PM me the model file you referenced in your earlier post indicating an accurate part count ? I will use it to investigate/validate my count logic. It would also be good to know what you expect to be counted as a 'part' in the said model file ?

Cheers,
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Some more findings in LPub3D - by Trevor Sandy - 2016-09-14, 15:26