POV-Ray export questions

RE: POV-Ray textured parts export
(2016-11-17, 2:43)Michael Horvath Wrote: 1. Setting assumed_gamma to 1.0 will brighten up the Earth model.
2. Also, why are you using emission in your pigments?
3. Light sources should use rgb not srgb.
4. I don't have a lot of experience with meshes, but from looking at your code it doesn't appear you can avoid using macros in this case.
1: yes but it  will make everything else very bleek.
2: Emission is the 3.7 way of doing ambient lighting (this way radiosity on/off won't make a huge difference in brightness like it did in 3.6)
3: srgb does some fancy things with the gamma value.
4: I'm afraid so, I wish Povray had some more options for mesh property inheritance.

In the meantime i have found the reason for it being dark (you mentioning emission triggerd that Smile  )
It turns out the 2nd texture also overwrites the 'finish' part of the first texture (the normal plastic one in this case).

Solving it in the generator is a big pain though as it needs different declarations for transparent (minifigs) or non transparent (earth) texture images.

I think I have to set up a macro that can generate a texture or material based on the color number instead of the loose color declarations for this so I can merge a texture better.

This would be so much easier if POV-Ray allowed inheritance Sad
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
POV-Ray export questions - by Roland Melkert - 2016-08-13, 18:02
RE: POV-Ray export questions - by Damien Roux - 2016-08-13, 21:08
RE: POV-Ray textured parts export - by Roland Melkert - 2016-11-17, 18:22