For Beginners: LDCad 1.5 Part Bins for EV3 Education 45544-1

RE: For Beginners: LDCad 1.5 Part Bins for EV3 Education 45544-1
(2016-08-11, 19:02)Walt White Wrote: I'm going to show I got the part bins to work, in excruciating detail, for any other LDCad novices who want to enjoy the building features of LDCad and need help with the part bin configuration.  

I tried to use BrickUtils as described in this thread and got thoroughly confused.  It's probably a wonderful application, but as a novice I couldn't get anything to work, and had no idea how to proceed.  So I decided to follow Roland's LDCad online documentation and do some trial & error analysis.

Walt - For your information, my BrickUtils fork was written to generate a single type of LDCad part bin - Sets.

Perhaps this is why it was confusing to you? 

You can see my new walkthrough post on how to use BrickUtils to generate a set part bin.

The efficiency advantage of creating a set part bin is the model editor will isolate only the parts needed for the set s/he is modeling which saves a great deal of time over having to search across the entire LDraw part library.

Cheers,
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: For Beginners: LDCad 1.5 Part Bins for EV3 Education 45544-1 - by Trevor Sandy - 2016-09-08, 23:42