For Beginners: LDCad 1.5 Part Bins for EV3 Education 45544-1

RE: For Beginners: LDCad 1.5 Part Bins for EV3 Education 45544-1
(2016-08-12, 23:47)Owen Dive Wrote: Hi Walt.

I can't see the screenshots, so I can't be sure exactly what your setup is, but from your text it sounds like you're only using one part bin. It's possible to add a second (or third, or more) parts bin panel, so that you have an extra six (or twelve, or more) bins to use.

Owen.

Hi Owen,

Sorry I didn't reply sooner;  I've been out of town all weekend.

As mentioned in Part 1, I wanted one setup with all the parts in a single bin, plus another setup with all the parts split up into six bins.  

I use the six bin setup and it makes finding parts very quick.

But if you wanted part 32054 - Technic Pin Long with Friction and Stop Bush and looked in the Pins bin and couldn't find it because LEGO thinks it belongs with Axles and Bushings per the suggested sorting that comes with the 45544-1 kit, you could just use the Filter for "32054" in the all-in-one-bin and find it.

Some people may find it easier to just do a quick visual scan of the images at:
Rebrickable and do a quick Filter in the all-in-one-bin.

What do you see instead of the screenshots?  This is my first post to this Forum so I just assumed that the screenshot images would be seen by everyone OK.  I'll snoop around for a FAQ about where to host images and fix it.

Walt
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: For Beginners: LDCad 1.5 Part Bins for EV3 Education 45544-1 - by Walt White - 2016-08-15, 3:08