LPub3D Unofficial parts in PLI

RE: LPub3D Unofficial parts in PLI
(2016-08-05, 8:45)Philippe Hurbain Wrote:
Quote:For now I guess I'll just dump the unofficial parts in the official parts folder to circumvent the issue...
Isn't it the same old problem with LPub3D that looks for parts in unofficial zip (for BOM and PLI only) instead of library? I understand the rationale for this behaviour but it remains a pain to maintain coherency between library and zip files. (note: that might not be relevant with latest LPub3D versions, not tested for some time)

Philo,

Not at all. Perhaps there is some misunderstanding here. 

LPub3D fully automates the setup and transfer of parts from the disc library to the unofficial archive library (lpub3dldrawunf.zip) checking each time on startup (you can see notifications in the splash progress). This is also why the LPub3D install program no longer prompts the user for the archive library path since 1.2.

Custom parts should be maintained by the user in the disc library only. 

Renderers, use the LDraw disc library to render both PLI and CSI renderings. Therefore, one should store their custom parts under the unofficial disc directory. The simplest configuration is just to dump your custom parts in the unofficial/parts folder. More complex configurations can be prepared if you are using an Ldraw.ini file - in which case you can define any number of personal directories under LDraw/unofficial. LPub3D looks under LDraw/unofficial and LDraw/models to automatically populate the unofficial archive library at startup. Archive libraries are used by the 3D Viewer only.  

Cheers,
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: LPub3D Unofficial parts in PLI - by Trevor Sandy - 2016-08-05, 9:21