LPub3D 2.0.5 - Can't get fading to work with BUFEXCHG

RE: LPub3D 2.0.5 - Can't get fading to work with BUFEXCHG
(2016-07-19, 21:22)Trevor Sandy Wrote:
(2016-07-19, 5:00)Kevin Wrote: Trevor,

Thanks for taking a look.  Here are a couple images to demonstrate what I'm experiencing. 

In scenario 1, you see what happens when I use a BUFEXCHG RETRIEVE and then immediately add parts before displaying the results with a STEP or ROTSTEP.  In the second frame, all the additional pieces are faded when attached to the retrieved assembly.  In the fourth frame, some are faded and some are not.

In scenario 2, you can see that I'm getting the correct results if I add a STEP/ROTSTEP after the BUFEXCHG RETRIEVE but before I add the additional parts.  However, I don't want to see the faded assembly before I add parts.

Perhaps this could be fixed by adding an LPUB directive that signals sets a demarcation between faded and not-to-be faded parts in a step--the equivalent of a STEP/ROTSTEP without the display.

Once again, thanks for all your work on LPub3D.  It's an amazing tool. 

Kevin

Kevin,

Many thanks for the visual. The problem is clear. The current fade [demarcation] index is being thrown off by the buffer exchange. This shouldn't be too challenging to fix. I'll take a look.

Cheers,

Trevor,

Thanks.  I'd be happy to beta test the fixes if you'd like. 

Kevin
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: LPub3D 2.0.5 - Can't get fading to work with BUFEXCHG - by Kevin - 2016-07-20, 7:56