LDCad 1.6 Alpha 3 (win+linux)

RE: LDCad 1.6 Alpha 3 (win+linux)
I noticed two things regarding rotation and placement of parts:

1) Seems to be a bug: When you have a 'floating' part (mouse button held down) you can by default use the arrow keys to rotate it along the two axis of the current editing plane and PGUP/PGDN to rotate it along the normal of the editing plane. When the editing plane changes because you rotate the camera, those keys are updated to reflect the new editing plane. However, if you use the F/S/T keys to change the editing plane, that update does not happen and the rotation keys are still mapped to the old orientation of the editing plane.

2) The 1.6 version seems to have different options under 'editing movement pin' than before and I think it changed for the worse. You still have placement and rotation mapped to the current editing plane (I like to use CTRL+arrow keys to rotate parts, so that's good for me), but moving the selection center (I like to use SHIFT+arrow keys for this) is now mapped to the absolute XYZ coordinates. I think this is very counter-intuitive because you now have to deal with two different coordinate systems at the same time.
What I would like is to have the selection center movement mapped to the editing plane as well (the way it was in 1.5, I think) and possibly a global option of mapping all movements and rotations to the absolute XYZ coordinates.
----------
my flickr
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: LDCad 1.6 Alpha 3 (win+linux) - by Niklas Buchmann - 2016-07-13, 18:21