[LDPartEditor] 0.8.15 Beta Released

RE: [LDPartEditor] 0.8.15 Beta Released (randomise colours / bug fix)
(2016-05-18, 20:26)Magnus Forsberg Wrote: Stupid mistake. Your right, I downloaded the wrong version. Now it works, but only if I place it outside the Program(x86)-folder.
I think maybe I should relocate all of my files. Win10 opposes nearly everything I try to move there.

Normally I wouldn't defend Microsoft, but Program Files and Program Files (x86) have been secured since Vista, and the reason they were secured was extremely legitimate. In 2016, programs that don't work there are at fault, not Windows. I think I should point out that programs running in Linux have the same restriction: don't write files to the program folder. Of course, that's been the case since before Linux was created (with other *nix OSes), and writing to the program folder was originally the recommended behavior on Windows. But Vista was released in 2006, and writing to the program folder has been a no-no ever since then.

Having said that, if there is a program you want to run, and it requires you to install it somewhere else, then the pragmatic thing to do is to install it somewhere else.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: [LDPartEditor] 0.8.15 Beta Released (randomise colours / bug fix) - by Travis Cobbs - 2016-05-19, 1:40