With LDD Being Discontinued I've elected to migrate to LDraw and would like some help

RE: With LDD Being Discontinued I've elected to migrate to LDraw and would like some help
(2016-04-19, 7:10)Hamish Grace Wrote: I guess I'm just not the type for LDraw.

I do not see it in so strict way. Look at this from different point of view: LDraw is not one utility, it is whole system based on top of the parts database. And all programs are developed by somebody in his/her free time. That's something completely different than a team paid by the company. Esp. if "we" start from the scratch so often, usually because people make their SW closed-source. So it's a matter of priorities, what to develop first and what next. Two or three years ago part snapping was a sci-fi, if I'm correct. Than snapping in SR3D Builder started to be very usable. Now, we have LDCad where we even may edit snapping data comfortably in GUI. (But still we have no standard for this.)

It might be a matter of time to implement collision detection and other aspects of physics, like hinges bending or automatic check of gears turning. But yes, this is not ready yet.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: With LDD Being Discontinued I've elected to migrate to LDraw and would like some help - by Milan Vančura - 2016-04-19, 7:54