LDPE's project concept

LDPE's project concept / Intention, Issues & Ideas
(2016-03-31, 14:29)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: ...asking to save project I don't use anyway.

With the today's release of 0.8.9, LDPE do not ask to save the project anymore (on close).

(2016-03-31, 16:12)Magnus Forsberg Wrote: Here's how I think it might be intended.
LPDE scans, at start up, two libraries. Official and Unofficial Part, including all subfiles and primitives.
The creation of a Project adds a third library, to scan at start up, containing all the new files you make in a correct library like structure. It made all the new subfiles I made easy to access. Just right click on the file you want to edit, an choose 'view in 3d/text editor'.

Yes, that is 100% how it is intended Smile

(2016-03-31, 16:12)Magnus Forsberg Wrote: LDPE can't find a correctly placed subfile in a folder (named 's' in windows explorer) unless you first create a project. It seems to need to know were to look for it.

This should be fixed since 0.8.8b...

(2016-03-31, 16:12)Magnus Forsberg Wrote: I still find the editing of a part-files subfile structure much easier in LDDP, using the move, or rotate, in x,y,z-direction-buttons. LDDP rotate everyting around world origin.

I created an issue for this feature request.
Additionally, I drafted another interesting idea, based on the project concept:

The PartReview Tool

This tool should get parts (and its certification status) directly from the parts tracker, only by entering a part number.
It should create a project with virtual files (no file is stored on a HDD/SSD).
It should download/create only the file with the part number and the sub-files.
It should open the main file in the 3D editor and all other files in one text editor instance.
It should open a custom 3D perspective for parts review (e.g. random colours, special cond.-line mode, BFC+Textures, no BFC...).
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
LDPE's project concept - by Willy Tschager - 2016-03-31, 13:46
LDPE's project concept / Intention, Issues & Ideas - by Nils Schmidt - 2016-04-02, 9:10
Re: LDPE's project concept - by Gerald Lasser - 2016-03-31, 22:52