Ldraw linux packages

Re: Ldraw linux packages
Hello again, Don.

As I'm back on Internet I want to make some things (more) clear: at first, I'm very glad you noticed our project, it's a new motivation for us! You did not need any word in bold - it's enough to place the comment/question to "Editors" category or mention "Linux" in the subject Smile I monitor that every day I'm on Internet Smile

About ~/.ldraw directory: we do exactly what you described you wanted to do! I mean a real directory full of symlinks. And exactl for the same purpose you mentioned: to allow each user to add or modify parts of that directory. So I see great agreement on this. And, of course, no capital letters anywhere. It's a mess we really dislike. Windows users do not notice that but on filesystems knowing the difference between lower and upper case letters, it was very often that some LDraw SW could not read/find parts files etc. because of the "wrong" case in its filename. So we decided to both store and find everything in lower case. (Patch LDraw utilities where needed and change all filenames in LDraw librry itself.)

Another topic is ldraw.ini - our project is older than the idea of ldraw.ini so there is no support for it, so far. More on that, AFAIK, the utility using this most is LPub3D which is not released for Linux, up to now. Unfortunately. But it may be I'm wrong - is there anything you believe we should do for ldraw.ini support? Or where to look at? To not introduce another, competing, standard.

Thanks,

Milan
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Ldraw linux packages - by Don Heyse - 2016-03-26, 2:23
Re: Ldraw linux packages - by Don Heyse - 2016-03-26, 13:58
Re: Ldraw linux packages - by Milan Vančura - 2016-03-29, 21:06
RE: Ldraw linux packages - by Don Heyse - 2016-04-02, 15:31