Microtechnic

Re: Microtechnic
Quote:The angle calculation is somewhat mysterious though. I did follow the clip on Youtube where Roland explains it. But must admit, I got the right angles by trial and error. This is something I have to understand yet.
Yeah it took me a bit of time to get it right. I guess you figured out that clicking on any box puts the value in clipboard. Closing triangles took a little more time to get the right methodology.
- place pins or axles in all 4 holes of the triangle to close (if they are not yet there, or if some of them are unavailable because of subparting/grouping)
- select the 4 pins in order (1-2-3-4). Pins 1 and 4 must be the pins that will be joined after triangle closing. 2 is the rotation point corresponding to pin 1, 3 the one corresponding to pin 4. The red and green closing lines appear. Click on the box of the color of lines that you want to use to copy the two angle values in clipboard.
- Select pins 2, 1 and everything that need to rotate with pin 1. Type ctrl-R or click on manual rotation icon. Paste the values, delete the second one, OK.
- Select pins 3, 4 and everything that need to rotate with pin 4. Type ctrl-R or click on manual rotation icon. Paste the values, delete the first one, OK.
- Remove extraneous pins/axles.
Done...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Microtechnic - by Jaco van der Molen - 2016-02-17, 19:14
8218: Trike Tourer - by Jaco van der Molen - 2016-02-17, 19:24
Re: Microtechnic - by Jaco van der Molen - 2016-02-18, 20:32
Re: Microtechnic - by Philippe Hurbain - 2016-02-19, 8:25
Re: Microtechnic - by Jaco van der Molen - 2016-02-19, 8:47
Re: Microtechnic - by Philippe Hurbain - 2016-02-19, 10:19
Re: Microtechnic - by Jaco van der Molen - 2016-02-19, 10:42