LDCad 1.0 Beta 2 available (incl Linux version)

LDCad 1.0 Beta 2 available (incl Linux version)
Hi all,

2nd beta of my editor is available at

http://www.melkert.net/LDCad

Some fixes (Improved stability, file handling), Some user friendliness improvements and a couple of new dialogs I kinda forgot to add in beta 1 (grid stepping management and LDRaw config file location management).

The biggest addition by far is Linux support. For now it's 32 bit only and some what experimental (distro wise, the application itself has the exact same features as the windows version).

The Linux binary should have very little decencies and runs on 'out of the box' Ubuntu 9.04 and 11.10 (these I test with, everything in between should work too).

Any recent distro should work as long GTK 2.x (Gnome) is available

I'm very interested to know if en on what people can get it to run, so please let me know ether here or directly.

When the application runs it seem to run very well, I edited the 5550 model using the Windows version for the first half and the Linux version for the second half (can you guess where I switched Wink ).

ps: The site itself isn't completely up-to-date yet, I'll fix that this weekend though.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
LDCad 1.0 Beta 2 available (incl Linux version) - by Roland Melkert - 2011-12-03, 1:02