Idea: Highlighting new parts in a step

Re: Idea: Highlighting new parts in a step
Trevor Sandy Wrote:For me, this is comparable to changing all but the model's current step to a 'fade' colour - which is already available in LPub3D.

True, great feature! But not always practical.

Trevor Sandy Wrote:It would be particularly difficult to implement this functionality because I'd have to find a way to signal the render (LDView, ldglite, Pov-ray) to produce an image where the additive parts were highlighted. I'm not even sure either of the renderers I use have the ability to accept a command/signal as such.

Because LPub3D uses static images (produced by the renderer), any highlight not visible would be useless, so the entire functionality would be questionable in achieving it's intent.

However, it would be possible to signal the 3D Viewer but showing highlighted additive parts to the editor does not strike me as the intent of your idea ?

Cheers,

I imagined this would be difficult to implement.

However, I thought LPub made a temporary LDraw file for every step and render that accordingly as assembly image?
You could compare that to the previous step or create a file with only the parts from every step.
Then process each step file to draw outlines (line types) around visible edges (is that possible?).
And add those parts as as a kind of layer to the previous step and thus creating the new step with new parts with lines and draw that step as assembly image?
Isn't this the way color fade works too?
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Re: Idea: Highlighting new parts in a step - by Jaco van der Molen - 2016-01-14, 15:55